Mar 24, 2020
How do we practice poly responsibly during a pandemic? Is it
OK to move my metamour in with me rather than not see her for the
duration of enforced social isolation?
0:00 Introduction and host
- If you’re under 18, visit scarleteen.com
- Found a new poly podcast, Pod
Pod Cvlt Cast, with 34 long episodes!
- We’ve got a new puppy to keep us company during
3:00 Poly in the
10:45 Contact us
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com and
attach an audio comment or call the listener comment line at
802-505-POLY. If you want us to teach a class at
your event, want us to coach you, or want to appear on the podcast,
11:25 Topic: should we move my
metamour in with us while we socially isolate?
If you’re considering cohabitation that you wouldn’t have
considered due to coronavirus social isolation requirements, some
- As always, make sure your existing relationships are relatively
- Ask everyone involved what they need to be happy and healthy in
a communal space. Consider personal space, alone time, sexual, and
- Discuss how finances will work in terms of rent, groceries, and
- Discuss expectations for chores and other
- Ask your kids how they feel about your metamour moving in.
- Have the pets been introduced? Is there a danger that they
might attack each other?
- Set up regular check-ins after the move-in. These provide
opportunities to bring up what it working well, what isn’t, to
express gratitude and appreciations, and to bring up issues before
they become bigger.
- Take a break from news coverage if it increases anxiety or
feelings of depression.
17:00 Join the
To join the online conversation around this and other episodes,
follow us on Twitter or Facebook.
We love when you review us on
Apple Podcasts or your favorite podcatcher (including
Spotify!) and when you share us with your friends directly.
17: 05 Feedback
- S from the Boston area calls in to share a personal neologism,
- Phenom calls in to ask how to get her partner to date more and
make sure everything is OK. She keeps encouraging him to date, but
he’s not getting out as much as her.
- There is no issue here except that maybe you feel guilty. Deal
with your own guilt and stop pressuring him to date!
24:45 Pervy bird
Oops! Accidentally skipped this one:
Perverted Illinois bald eagle threesome threatens sanctity of
marriage. What’s next, hawk orgies?
26:00 Happy poly
Finding unexpected commonalities with your metamour!
28:45 Thank you to our
subscribers and contributors
Thanks to all our PW Playmates! Also to Pacemaker Jane for
letting us use their song Good Suspicions as our intro and
outro music and to you for listening and sharing.